I never ever imagined myself yelling at or being so angry with family members. But these past few months have shown me that its possible.
My grandparents (mothers side) like to get involved and up in everyones business. Well that would be fine except for the fact that those two are sick (lately dementia being the worst) and are not even taking their own medicine. Then they want to come in and try to "save" my aunt from us. We are not trying to hurt my aunt...she is sick with a bi polar episode...and she even knows it at times and will admit to it. She knows she needs help but my grandparents try to convince her shes fine. They always want to get involved and act like were horrible people for kidnapping (taking care of) my cousin. We let my cousin live with us when my aunt is sick so that she can have stability and not have to be subjected to that stuff.
My grandparents have gone so far this week as to threaten to call the cops on us twice now. Its just ridiculous. Were simply trying to help and keep my cousin from being taken away by CPS. Its better that we take care of her so my aunt can get better rather than her get worse and have the school get involved again. Cuz the next time they do get involved CPS is getting called...they arent playing around anymore.
I understand that my grandma has dementia or whatever it is but Im just so over it. She hangs up on me, yells at us, treats us like shit....and will forget that she did it. I understand forgetting things....my great granny had alzheimers...and she would forget us. But she was always sweet to us.
Its just so bittersweet....cuz I love my grandparents and I want to be there for them but at the same time I cant handle being treated like shit over and over again. There comes a breaking point when a person just cant take anymore.....
.....Im there
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Never imagined
Posted by KristinRT at 11:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment